Veggie Fritatta: Christmas Edition

December 17, 2013

Day eight of twelve

This year Sean and I are hosting my family on Christmas day and made an unconventional (for us) decision to have them over earlier in the day for brunch. This serves two purposes:

1. We see my family first then have time in the evening to spend with his.
2. We don't stress about dinner prep and what is or isn't vegetarian.

It was a last minute decision but one that I'm excited about. Fruits, breads, eggs, tea, juice...mmmm. Nothing beats a hearty morning spread.

I have to admit that my breakfast most mornings is an Arbonne protein shake and a piece of fruit (mmm!). But, when I do cook, one of my favorite recipes has become a simple one: the fritatta. And it just so happens that with the veggies I most often have on hand, it looks a little Christmas-y by default: red and green everywhere!



This is super easy, and like most of my recipes, super customizable. Use this to get inspired and make yours with whatever suits your taste!

Vegetarian Fritatta


by re·solve
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
  • 12 eggs
  • 2 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 green, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped broccoli
  • 1-2 roma tomatoes, seeded, juiced, and chopped
  • milk
  • salt/pepper
  • olive oil
  • grated cheese (optional)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil
Steam or saute vegetables while whisking eggs with desired amount of salt/pepper/milk
Mix vegetables (an cheese, if desired) into egg mixture and pour into baking dish
Bake 45-60 minutes or until top is set
Cut into squares and serve
Powered by Recipage






 photo linkup13001_zpsd63590aa.jpg

3 comments

  1. We recently started doing a Christmas Eve brunch with my aunt and uncle and it is so nice! That way we can spend time with the extended family and then have a chance to spend Christmas with just us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and it seems like something I could make. I'mma have to try this and get back to ya. I always say I'mma try peoples recipes and just keep addin' them to my list but I really wanna try this and shall. I think it could make for a pretty picture. HA! I don't ever really eat breakfast even though I know I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is having a Christmas brunch this year, which sounds really tasty, because I prefer breakfast food. But I won't be there, oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.